Fasteners Materials Selection Guide
Material is a critical factor in delivering successful projects, from creating point of sale displays to building a new electrical cabinet. With fasteners available in a vast range of materials, it can be hard to pick a perfect fixing solution for your application.
Our guide offers advice on choosing the appropriate fastening material based on your specific application and environment.
SOME KEY APPLICATION EXAMPLES:
- Point of Sale and Display – Polycarbonate is a key material within this industry due to its strong nature twinned with its transparent appearance.
- Pharmaceutical – Polypropylene (PP) has great resistance to many chemicals and can be easily welded to other PP components, providing versatility.
- Electrical – With high temperature stability, heat and flame resistance, PVDF lends itself well to use in a working electrical application or electrical cabinet.
- Oil and Gas – In an often moving and volatile application, PEEK® material fasteners offer high tensile strength, flame resistance and can operate continuously in temperatures up to 180°C.
- Automotive and Manufacturing – Tough and mechanically resistant, Nylon fasteners are lighter, less expensive alternatives to metal equivalents. For added UV resistance a PVDF component is more appropriate.